Your faith in God matters to God. In fact, God is committed to growing your faith. On Sunday, May 17, at 9:00 a.m., South Bay Bible Church will begin a new teaching series, Big Faith: How to Get Absolute Confidence God is with You. Join us on southbaychurchli.org/livestream or on Facebook Live at facebook.com/southbaychurchli.
Imagine how different your outlook on life would be if you had absolute confidence God was with you. Imagine how differently you would respond to difficulties, temptations, and even good things if you knew with certainty that God was in all of it and was planning to leverage it for your good.
In other words, imagine what it would be like to have perfect faith.
In Big Faith, Pastor Hawley will build a biblical case for five things God uses to grow Big Faith. This series will comprise the following six messages:
1. It’s Real (1 John 1:1-4) – June 28: “Once upon a time” just doesn't cut it anymore. We want something real. Make-believe just doesn't satisfy the curiosity of adults. Satisfy your quest for reality with this important lesson.
2. Walking and Talking (1 John 1:5-2:6) – July 5: Every life-form as enemies. Our greatest enemy may not be what you think. In this study, learn how to conquer your greatest enemy in this life.
3. Something Old, Something New (1 John 2:7-11) – July 12: Love? What does it mean? “How can a man use the same word to express his love for his wife as he uses to tell how he feels about baked beans?” In Something Old, Something New, we'll learn the nuances of what Christ meant when he issued the command to, “love one another.”
4. The Love God Hates (1 John 2:12-17) – July 19: There is a wrong kind of love, a love God hates. Learn what it is and how to shun it at all costs.
5. Truth or Consequences (1 John 2:18-29) – July 26: Many do not believe it matters what you really “believe,” just so long as you sincerely believe it. Does personal philosophy really matter? It actually makes all the difference in the world.
6. The Pretenders (1 John 3:1-10) – August 2: Counterfeit Christians. Can you spot the difference? Is there really such a thing? In this message, grasp how to be self-aware enough to tell if you are counterfeit in your faith.
7. Love or Death (1 John 3:11-24) – August 9: There are four possible levels of relationship on which a person may live. The first two are not Christian at all. The third is less than Christian, and only the last is compatible with true Christian love. Come and explore how to live on the ultimate relational level and experience the fullness of God's happiness.
8. Getting to the Bottom of Love (1 John 4:1-16) – August 16: In this section, the Apostle John uncovers and teaches us the foundation of Christian love. In this lesson, master the secret of growing in your love for God.
9. Love, Honor, and Obey (1 John 4:17-5:5) – August 23: Mature love is the great universal need. In First John, the Apostle has much to share with us in how God perfects perfect love in each of us. Through such perfect love, one can live honest and open with confidence and all fear abandoned. Don't miss this lesson!
10. What Do You Know for Sure? (1 John 5:6-21) – August 30: “Nothing is certain but death and taxes,” said Benjamin Franklin. Is he right? What if there's more certainty in life than just death and taxes. In this sermon, pastor will provide us five Christian certainties on which we can build our lives on with great confidence.