Your faith in God matters to God. In fact, God is committed to growing your faith. On Sunday, May 17, at 9:00 a.m., South Bay Bible Church will begin a new teaching series, Big Faith: How to Get Absolute Confidence God is with You. Join us on southbaychurchli.org/livestream or on Facebook Live at facebook.com/southbaychurchli.
Imagine how different your outlook on life would be if you had absolute confidence God was with you. Imagine how differently you would respond to difficulties, temptations, and even good things if you knew with certainty that God was in all of it and was planning to leverage it for your good.
In other words, imagine what it would be like to have perfect faith.
In Big Faith, Pastor Hawley will build a biblical case for five things God uses to grow Big Faith. This series will comprise the following six messages:
1. Trust Me (Matthew 8:5-10) – May 17: Is faith confidence or intentional dependence? If we lived with the confidence God was with us, for us, working through us, our responses to everything would be different. Begin the journey with this kick-off introductory lesson.
2. Practical Teaching (Matthew 7:24-28) – May 24: It’s one thing to believe in weightlifting and another thing to lift weights. It’s one thing to believe in good nutrition and another to eat right. Most churches are content to tell you what to believe, and if you believe it, that’s enough. But, is that really enough? Practical teaching shows us where we are and where we need to go. Join us this week for your road map to Big Faith.
3. Wholesome Relationships (Proverbs 13:20) – May 31: Everyone is forced to interact with challenging and dysfunctional people. Unhealthy relationships are unavoidable, but people with Big Faith leverage healthy relationships to navigate life. Learn how to put yourself in places where you will be exposed to the right people at the right time.
4. Personal Disciplines (Matthew 6; Mark 1) – June 7: Discipline is a bad word with good results. Discipline results in progress and freedom. It is beneficial and promotes good feelings. The problem is, no discipline seems pleasant at the time but painful. Discipline yourself in advance to attend this lesson and reap a harvest of confidence as you build Big Faith.
5. Servant Ministry (Matthew 14:13-31; Mark 6:51-52) – June 14: Servant ministry enables us to experience God’s power in our weakness, and ministry is one of the primary ways God grows our faith. Many times, we feel ill-equipped and unprepared, but these opportunities are incredibly rich experiences through which God grows Big Faith. This weekend, explore with us the relationship between faith and service.
6. Challenging Circumstances (John 11) – June 21: C. S. Lewis said, “God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pain. It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world.” Jesus didn’t just leverage challenging circumstances to build faith. He went out of his way to create them. Learn what to do when it feels like God is doing something to you.
As a non-denominational Christian church, South Bay Bible Church was started in 2006 with the mission to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. The church is dedicated to creating environments where people are encouraged to pursue intimacy with God, community with insiders, and influence with outsiders.
To find out more about South Bay Bible Church and their upcoming events, please visit southbaychurchli.org.
About South Bay Bible Church: South Bay Bible Church is a non-denominational Christian church known for Biblical messages applicable to everyday life. The church meets at 578 Montauk Highway in East Moriches, NY. The church’s mission is to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Our service schedule includes three convenient times: Saturday night at 5:00, Sunday morning at 9:00 and 11:00, and online anytime. A nursery and children’s church are available. For more information, go to southbaychurchli.org, call (631) 909-8241, Facebook, or Twitter @sbbcli.