- Sign In
- Find A Business
- Things To Do
- Transit & Travel
- Real Estate
Date & Time
Bayard Cutting Arboretum will hold its first horticultural symposium on Feb. 26, 2018. With the focus on “Evolution of the American Landscape,” the full day symposium will feature prominent speakers that have created and managed landscapes to adapt to a changing environment.
The symposium speakers are published authors and have worked in all types of garden projects ranging from small residential gardens to large scale projects, including Bryant Park, Central Park, Stony Brook University, Rutgers University, Bayard Cutting Arboretum, U.S. Capitol Grounds and the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial. They include:
· Nelson Sterner, director, Bayard Cutting Arboretum
· Thomas Rainer, principal, Phyto Studio
· Bruce Crawford, director, Rutgers University Gardens
· Rusty Schmidt, landscape ecologist, Nelson, Pope & Voorhis
· Lynden Miller, public garden designer
Co-sponsored by the Bayard Cutting Arboretum Horticultural Society, the symposium will take place in the Carriage House of the Arboretum. Sponsorship opportunities are available. Details can be found on the Arboretum website www.bayardcuttingarboretum.com/symposium.