“It’s my life; I can do what I want, when I want, with whom I want … as long as nobody gets hurt.” The problem is eventually someone does get hurt. On Thanksgiving Sunday, November 19, at 8:00, 9:30, 11:00 a.m., and 4:00 p.m., South Bay Bible Church will begin a new, six-part series entitled, Right in the Eye: Why be Ordinary When You can be Extraordinary?
When you focus on you, you usually hurt yourself, the people around you, the people who love you, and the people who are coming behind you.
“When you live for you, you’ll never become the best version of you. You will never be extraordinary. A relationship with God isn’t about staying out of trouble. It’s about being extraordinary,” says Martin Hawley, senior pastor.
In this provocative six-part series, Pastor Hawley plunges viewers into the moral mayhem depicted in the Old Testament book of Judges. “All the people did whatever seems right in their own eyes (21:25).” Telling the story, pastor will present disturbing Biblical narratives as a filter through which to view and evaluate our own twenty-first century culture. The community is invited to South Bay Bible Church to learn how to escape the pain and hurt that comes from ordinary life.
Pastor Hawley will cover the following messages:
• Stranger than Fiction (November 19): What you think is good for you is not only not good for you - it's not good for anybody.
• One King Leads to Another (November 26): Don't be deceived: People who do what they want, when they want, with whom they want, eventually discover that one king leads to another.
• Good at Looking (December 3): Yield your heart to the invisible King.
• Nobody's That Stupid (December 10): Once Samson had his eyes put out, he was able to see.
• Extraordinary (December 17): Why be ordinary you when you can be extraordinary you? Be extraordinary.
• Ruthie & Bo Save Christmas (December 24): The whole time Israel was ping-ponging back and forth from obedience to disobedience – in an era when everyone did what was right in his/her own eyes – God was looking forward … to Christmas.
To find out more about South Bay Bible Church and their upcoming events, please visit http://www.southbaychurchli.org/.
About South Bay Bible Church: South Bay Bible Church is a non-denominational Christian church known for Biblical messages applicable to everyday life. The church meets at 578 Montauk Highway in East Moriches, NY. The church’s mission is to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Our service schedule includes five convenient times: Sunday morning at 8:00, 9:30, 11:00; Sunday afternoon at 4:00; and on-line anytime. A nursery and children’s church are available. For more information, go to southbaychurchli.org, call (631) 909-8241, Facebook, or Twitter @sbbcli.