- Sign In
- Find A Business
- Things To Do
- Transit & Travel
- Real Estate
Date & Time
North Shore University Hospital's Preparation for Childbirth class prepares expecting parents for the birthing experience.
Northwell Health nurse educators discuss:
• The process of labor and birth
• Relaxation and breathing techniques
• The role of the partner and coaching skills
• Hospital admission policies and procedures
• Anesthesia/analgesic options
• Vaginal and cesarean births
• Postpartum expectations
This class should be completed 3-4 weeks prior to your estimated delivery date. We suggest you bring a snack and beverage.
For tours of North Shore University Hospital’s Labor & Delivery unit, please call 516-562-4423 to make an appointment. Call 516-881-7000 for questions and weather-related announcements. If you are a Northwell Health employee, please call for discount information.
August 27th - 9 AM
September 7th - 6:30 PM
September 16th - 9 AM
September 17th - 9 AM
September 24th - 9 AM