Vincent Smith School is an accredited independent school for students in grades 1-12 seeking small classes, differentiated instruction, or who have Dyslexia, language-based learning disorders, or school anxiety. Come to our Open House and tour our beautiful, rustic campus just 7 miles from the Queens border. Learn about our small, personalized classes (avg. 5 students) with differentiated instruction, our on-site related services (speech, reading, OT, counseling) and discover how we can help your child not just progress in school, but succeed!
- Vincent Smith School is Long Island's premier prep school for students in grades 1-12 with learning differences such as Dyslexia/Dyscalculia/Dysgraphia, Auditory and Language Processing Disorders, or have suffered from bullying or school anxiety.
- We provide an exceptionally warm and nurturing learning environment, specifically differentiated for personal growth as well as academic success. Approximately 85% of our HS students go on to college.
- We emphasize self-discipline, self-advocacy, and self-respect and firm non-bullying policies. We promote personal responsibility as an integral part of our academic and social-emotional program.
- On-site related services such as speech, reading, counseling, and OT in designated rooms are available for all students.
- Vincent Smith School is chartered by the NYS Board of Regents and accredited by the New York State Association of Independent Schools.
- As an independent school, we value assessing over testing and are free of many onerous public school restrictions such as excessive state tests and common core requirements.
- At Vincent Smith School, we teach differently because EVERY child learns differently.